The purpose of the project: to increase information and communication capabilities of at least 20 CSOs of Eastern and Central Ukraine via training professional communicators and creating partnership between organizations, that will facilitate raising awareness of the citizens about essence of reforms, improvement communication between CSOs and local self-government authorities, increase of CSO information impact and involving citizens in decision-making process at the local level. Representatives of CSOs of Dnipropetrovsk, Donetsk, Zaporizhzhia, Kirovohrad, Luhansk, Poltava and Kharkiv oblasts participated in the project.
The First School of Information and Communication operated on the basis of the Center “Tamarisk”. From October, 2019 to mid-March 2020 the activities of the Organization were carried out according to the event schedule. Since March, 2020 due to the spread of coronavirus COVID-19, and due to lockdown in Ukraine the team’s activities were reorganized into online mode. In order to provide psychological support for the participants of the School in conditions of pandemic, two additional online master classes were held on the topic “Internal Stability Platform: How to Support Yourself in order to be Able to Support Others?”
7 trainings were held:
– “Qualitative communication: the basis of effectiveness of public figures”
– “Public speeches and interaction with the audience”
– “Evolution of values: the basics of integrated spiral dynamics”
– “Channels and tools of communication with target groups”
– “Storytelling as a tool of influence
– “Fundamentals of facilitation”
– “Internal game method”.
11 online master classes were held:
– “Managing your own emotional state”
– “Expert communications”
– “Online tools for communication with target audiences”
– “Online tools for teamwork”
– “Online communications: communications in social networks”
– “Public expert examination of government activities or how to control the authorities”
– “Public consultations from A to Z”
– “Transparency and openness of the budget process at the local level”
– “Control your money during epidemic”
– “Analysis of public policy at the local level or how to make effective decisions”
– “Organization of events”.
Successful implementation by the project participants of 11 information and communication events in local communities was a good result of training at the School. The above events were presented and the best practices were exchanged during the Final Meeting.